The Youth Ensemble Project
The Youth Ensemble Project is a creative ensemble, the only one of its kind in Cornwall, which brings together young people who play a range of different instruments and who favour music genres ranging from metal to folk and hip hop. Here is a short film documenting Phase 3 of the Project
Professional musicians support YEP! members to compose, rehearse and perform their own music.
This is an ensemble that welcomes young people who may have found it tricky to take part in other organised music projects for any number of reasons (eg transport, costs, style, disability).
The ensemble is a safe space for young people, there is always an experienced Youth Worker present. We can offer signposting and support to seek other services for young people.
YEP! is about;
- Developing creative, composition and performance skills
- Improving technical music skills
- Developing skills that can be used in other areas of life
- Developing leadership skills and confidence
- Working as a team to create music which may range multiple genres
Participants will demonstrate;
- Passion and potential for making music
- Intermediate level of playing (please contact us for clarification)
- For graded players – at least Grade One/Two for Junior and Grade Three for Senior
- Commitment to the project and to performing
This project is funded by the National Foundation for Youth Music and supported by Cornwall Music Education Hub.